31 Ways To Pray for Your Future Husband
- April 13, 2018
- No Comments (0)
In the Christian household, prayer is important in daily life that needs to be employed also when preparing for your future husband.
Engaging in prayer is an act of faith in, and submission to God.
Whether you have identified him or are still searching for your future husband, praying for him will strengthen your union.
In this article, we are going to share 31 ways to pray for your future husband.
1.Pray that he will guard his heart by developing spiritual disciplines—Bible reading and study, prayer, meditation, scripture memorization, etc. (2 Peter 3:18; Prov. 4:23)
2. Pray that your future husband’s relationship with God and His Word will bear fruit in his life. Pray that he will be a man of wisdom and understanding, fearing the Lord. (Prov. 3:7, 9:10; Ps. 112:1)
3. Pray that your future husband will be humble and quick to agree with God about his sin. Pray that his heart will be tender toward the voice of the Lord. (Ps. 51:2-4; Micah 6:8)
4. Pray that your future husband will grow in leadership skills in your relationship—protecting and providing for you. Pray that he will lead you wisely and love you sacrificially so that God will be glorified in your marriage. (Eph. 5:25-29; Col. 3:19)
5. Pray that he will have a desire to cultivate your relationship as a sign of his loyalty and commitment to you, and as a picture of Christ’s love for the Church. (Prov. 20:6; Gen. 2:24)
6. Pray he will love righteousness and hate wickedness, especially the evils of the culture. Pray that he will recognize and avoid wickedness in his own life, and if necessary, take a clear, strong stand against evil. (Prov. 27:12; John 17:15; 1 Cor. 10:12-13)
Also Related: What God Says About Waiting for a Husband?
7. Pray that your future husband will safeguard his heart against inappropriate relationships with the opposite sex. Pray that his heart will be pure and undivided in his commitment to you. (Prov.6:23-24, 26; Rom. 13:14)
8. Pray that he will work hard to provide for your family, to the best of his ability. Pray that the character qualities necessary for a successful career and ministry will be a growing part of his character – persistence, decisiveness, strength, an analytical mind, organizational skills, positive relationships with people, determination, etc. (Rom. 12:11; 1 Cor. 15:58)
9. Pray that your future husband handles finances wisely, will have discernment concerning budgeting and investments, and will be a good steward of his money in regard to giving to the Lord’s work.
Pray that money will not become a source of discord in your family. (Prov. 23:4-5; Rom. 12:13; Heb. 13:5)
10. Pray that his testimony will be genuine, that he will be honest in his business dealings, and will never do anything that he needs to hide from others. (Prov. 20:7; 1 Tim. 1:5, 3:7; Eph. 6:10-12)
11. Pray that he will listen to God and desire to do His will. (Prov. 15:33; Eph. 6:6)
12. Pray that your future husband will yield his sexual drive to the Lord and practice self-control. Pray that your sexual intimacy together will be fresh, positive, and a reflection of selfless love. (Prov. 5:15, 18; 1 Cor. 7:3; Song of Solomon 7:10)
13. Pray that your future husband uses practical skills to build your family and make wise decisions for your welfare. Pray that he will serve unselfishly. (Gal. 5:13; Phil. 2:3-4)
14. Pray that your future husband will speak words that build up you and your family, and reflect a heart of love. Pray that he will not use filthy language. (Prov. 18:21; Eph. 4:29)
15. Pray that your future husband will choose his friends wisely. Pray that God will bring him men who will encourage his accountability before God, and will not lead him into sin. (Prov. 13:20; Prov.27:17)
16. Pray that your future husband will choose healthy, God-honoring activities.
Pray that he will not live in bondage to any questionable habits or hobbies, but that he will experience freedom in holiness as he yields to the Spirit’s control. (1 Cor. 6:12, 10:31; 2 Tim. 2:4)
17. Pray that your future husband will enjoy his manliness as he patterns his life after Christ and strong men in the faith. Pray for his physical, emotional, mental, social, and spiritual strength. (Eph. 3:16; 1 Peter 2:21; 1 Cor. 10:11)
18. Pray that he will reject materialism and temporal values and put God first in his life. (Matt. 6:33; Deut. 6:5; Eph. 5:16; Ps. 90:12)
19. Pray that your future husband will be patient and a man of peace. Pray that he will not give in to anger, but will allow the Holy Spirit to control his responses. (Rom. 14:19; Ps. 34:14)
20. Pray that your future husband will yield his mind and thoughts to the Lord. Pray that he will not entertain immoral or impure thoughts and that he will resist the temptation to indulge in pornography. (Prov. 27:12; 2 Cor. 10:5)
21. Pray that your future husband will learn how to relax in the Lord and, in his greatest times of stress, find joy and peace in his relationship with God.
Pray that he will submit his schedule to the Lord. (Neh. 8:10; Prov. 17:22; Ps. 16:11)
22. Pray that your future husband will practice forgiveness in your relationship and with others. Pray that he will recognize any roots of bitterness, and yield any resentment and unforgiving attitudes to the Lord. (Eph. 4:32; Heb. 12:15)
23. Pray that your future husband will be a good father—disciplining your children wisely and loving them unconditionally. (Eph. 6:4; Col. 3:21; 2 Tim. 2:1-2)
24. Pray that your future husband will have a balanced life—that he will balance work and play.
Pray that he will fear God, but also gain favor with people he knows at work and church. (Luke 2:52; Prov. 13:15)
25. Pray that your future husband will be courageous in his stand against evil and injustice and that he will stand for the truth. Pray that he will protect you and your family from Satan’s attacks. (Ps. 31:24; Eph. 6:13; Ps. 27:14)
26. Pray that he will offer all his dreams to the Lord, and pursue only those goals that will bring God glory and count for eternity. (Jer. 29:11; 1 Cor. 10:31)
27. Pray that he will practice self-control by making wise food choices, and get sufficient exercise to stay healthy. (Rom. 12:1-2; 1 Cor. 6:19-20, 9:27)
28. Pray that he will be a man of prayer. Pray that he will seek and pursue God in purposeful quiet times. (1 Thess. 5:17; Luke 22:46; James 5:16)
29. Pray that your husband to be will surrender his time and talents to the Lord. Pray that his spiritual gifts will be manifest in his career, at church, and in your home. (Eph. 5:15-16; 1 Cor. 12:4, 7)
30. Pray that he will serve God and others with pure motives. Pray that he will obey the Lord from his heart, and glorify Him in everything. (1 Cor. 10:13; John 7:17-18; Col. 3:23-24)
31. Pray that his attitudes and actions will be guided by the truth as he brings his thoughts into captivity to the Word of God (John 8:44; 2 Cor. 10:4-5)
As you search or wait for your future husband, pray that God will give you patience and wisdom. A husband who loves God first will have no option but to love you also.
May God grant you wisdom as you seek him and wait patiently for his guidance.