51 Encouraging Bible verses that will Heal a Broken Heart.
- December 28, 2019
- No Comments (0)
God cares about the condition of our hearts. When you suffer heart-break, His response is to heal you. He is a compassionate Father who loves his children and wants what’s best for them.
It’s not easy to heal a broken heart but God has given us His Word to help us.
Below are 51 Bible verses that will heal a broken heart.
1. Psalm 34:18 “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.”
God is concerned about your broken heart and is by your side desiring to heal you.
2. Psalm 147:3 “He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.”
God will heal your broken heart and restore you to wholeness.
3. Matthew 9:12 “On hearing this, Jesus said, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick.”
Jesus came to heal you from everything that ails your heart. Give Him your pain.
4. 3 John 1:2 “Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.”
Soon you will be back to your normal self and your soul will be in good health.
5. Psalm 13:2 “How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and day after day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me?”
It’s normal to wonder when you will feel better again. But God hears the cry of your heart.
6. Isaiah 57:18 “I have seen their ways, but I will heal them; I will guide them and restore comfort to Israel’s mourners.”
God has seen your hurt and He will comfort you until you are completely healed.
7. Psalm 13:5 “But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.”
God’s everlasting love will wash over your heart and remove all your pain and sorrow.
8. Psalm 19:8 “The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes.”
The Bible is full of verses to heal a broken heart. Study them and receive God’s encouragement.
9. 1 Peter 2:24 “He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds, you have been healed.”
You were healed when Jesus died on the cross. Claim that healing today.
10. James 5:16 “Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.”
Talk to a trusted friend who can counsel you and stand with you in prayer.
11. Matthew 8:8 “The centurion replied, “Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed.”
God can reach you wherever you are. You need only cry out to Him about your broken heart and He will hear you.
12. Matthew 9:21 “She said to herself, ‘If I only touch his cloak, I will be healed.’”
Don’t remain stuck with your pain, reach out to Jesus and He will heal you.
13. Jeremiah 17:14 “Heal me, Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise.”
Praise God for the healing He is working in your heart. He is your savior and healer now and forevermore.
14. Psalm 51:17 “My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart you, God, will not despise.”
With a humble heart, approach the throne of grace and receive God’s help. He is glad to hear from you.
15. Psalm 69:20 “Scorn has broken my heart and has left me helpless; I looked for sympathy, but there was none, for comforters, but I found none.”
Turn to the Lord when you have no one to talk to about your broken heart. God is ready to help and comfort you.
16. Ezekiel 36:26 “I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.”
Where pain has hardened your heart, open up to God for He is trustworthy and you can trust Him with your wounds.
17. Proverbs 15:13 “A happy heart makes the face cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit.”
Heartbreak may have crushed your spirit but God has the healing balm that will restore happiness to your heart.
18. Psalm 73:26 “My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.”
When you feel weak because of carrying the heavy burden of pain, turn to God for strength.
19. Ecclesiastes 3:3 “A time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build.”
Now is the right time to receive healing for your broken heart. Turn to God today and watch Him restore your soul to health.
20. Psalm 6:2 “Have mercy on me, Lord, for I am faint; heal me, Lord, for my bones are in agony.”
A broken heart can cause you to have ailments in your physical body. Reach out to the Lord today for He is merciful.
21. Jeremiah 33:6 “Nevertheless, I will bring health and healing to it; I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security.”
When God heals you, all the turmoil in your heart goes and in its place comes peace. You will be secure in God’s unfailing love.
22. Psalm 31:9 “Be merciful to me, Lord, for I am in distress; my eyes grow weak with sorrow, my soul and body with grief.”
Heartbreak can make you feel sick all over your body. God, in His great mercy, will give you relief from your discomfort.
23. Jeremiah 8:18 “You who are my Comforter in sorrow, my heart is faint within me.”
God has promised to comfort you in your pain, tell Him exactly how you feel.
24. Matthew 22:39 “And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’”
Learn to love yourself again; only then can you show love to others around you.
25. Zechariah 9:12 “Return to your fortress, you prisoners of hope; even now I announce that I will restore twice as much to you.”
God promises to give you a double blessing for all the heartache you have experienced.
26. Psalm 9:10 “Those who know your name trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you.”
Trust in God and His ability to heal you. He has promised to always be with you. Seek Him today.
27. Psalm 22:5 “To you they cried out and were saved; in you, they trusted and were not put to shame.”
Pour out your heart to God knowing it is not in vain. You will not suffer shame because of the circumstances surrounding your heartbreak.
28. Psalm 22:19 “But you, Lord, do not be far from me. You are my strength; come quickly to help me.”
God is never far from you and will quickly come to wipe away your tears and comfort you in His loving arms.
29. Psalm 28:7 “The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.”
Praise God now even as you wait for Him to heal you. You can trust that He will.
30. Isaiah 40:29 “He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.”
When you are weak and weary ask God to give you His strength.
31. Psalm 13:5 “But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.”
Because of God’s unfailing love, you will remain standing even when the storm is over.
32. Psalm 107:20 “He sent out his word and healed them; he rescued them from the grave.”
Declare God’s word over your heartbreak and see it gone.
33. Philippians 4:13 “I can do all this through him who gives me strength.”
It is possible for you to heal from a broken heart. Jesus will give you the strength.
34. Joel 2:25 “I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten— the great locust and the young locust, the other locusts and the locust swarm— my great army that I sent among you.”
God has promised to restore the wasted years in your life because of your heartbreak.
35. Zephaniah 3:19 “At that time I will deal with all who oppressed you. I will rescue the lame; I will gather the exiles. I will give them praise and honor in every land where they have suffered shame.”
Leave those who hurt you in God’s hands. Be prepared because He will honor you before your enemies.
36. John 8:12 “When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.’”
Turn to Jesus who will show you the way out of your pain.
37. Nahum 1:7 “The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him.”
Run to God for the safety of your heart and trust Him to shield you from further pain.
38. Psalm 94:19 “When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.”
Don’t be anxious about the future, God will restore your joy.
39. John 14:1 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me.”
Refuse to give airtime to self-defeating thoughts and believe in God’s healing power.
40. Philippians 4:7 “And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
Instead of worrying, pray. God’s peace will fill your heart and mind.
41. Psalm 4:8 “In peace, I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety.”
Ask God to grant you a good night’s sleep.
42. Psalm 119:14 “May your unfailing love come to me, Lord, your salvation, according to your promise.”
God loves you unconditionally and will rescue you from your pain.
43. Psalm 119:50 “My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life.”
Rest in the promises of God always.
44. Isaiah 43:19 “See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.”
What is the new thing God has promised you?
45. Isaiah 60:1 “Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord rises upon you.”
Rise up from your bed of pain and receive God’s glory.
46. Hebrews 11:1 “Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.”
Have faith that one of these days, the pain of heartbreak will be gone.
47. Isaiah 30:18 “Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; therefore he will rise up to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!”
Be patient as God works in your heart.
48. Psalm 27:14 “Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.”
Draw your strength from God. He will not delay in coming.
49. Psalm 102:13 “You will arise and have compassion on Zion, for it is time to show favor to her; the appointed time has come.”
Today is when God will show you His compassion for your pain.
50. Isaiah 28:18 “Your covenant with death will be annulled; your agreement with the realm of the dead will not stand. When the overwhelming scourge sweeps by, you will be beaten down by it.”
Your heartbreak will not lead to dead dreams and desires. God will resurrect them.
51. Isaiah 62:2 “The nations will see your vindication, and all kings your glory; you will be called by a new name that the mouth of the Lord will bestow.”
God calls you His “Beloved” and redeems you from the pain of heartbreak.
God will encourage you through the above Bible verses that will heal a broken heart anytime. To heal a broken heart, you need the Word of God which is powerful and achieves everything God wants.
Speak His word over your heartbreak today and allow Him to heal you.
*Bible verses taken from the NIV Bible