There are many things in the world today for which we need God’s protection. We are to pray for protection against false accusations, loss, theft, spiritual attacks, and many others.
God has given us His word to show us His plan for protection upon our lives. The best weapon we have against danger is to pray for protection.
Lord, I praise you for you are mighty to save. Protect my life and that of my family against any unforeseen danger and attacks from the enemy. I put my trust in you for you are my savior. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Below are 51 Bible verses you can pray for protection.
1. Psalm 59:1-2 – Deliver me from my enemies, O God; be my fortress against those who are attacking me. Deliver me from evildoers and save me from those who are after my blood.
2. Psalm 64:1-2 – Hear me, my God, as I voice my complaint; protect my life from the threat of the enemy. Hide me from the conspiracy of the wicked, from the plots of evildoers.
3. Psalm 35:23-25 – Awake, and rise to my defense! Contend for me, my God and Lord. Vindicate me in your righteousness, Lord my God; do not let them gloat over me. Do not let them think, “Aha, just what we wanted!” or say, “We have swallowed him up.”
4. Psalm 91:15 – He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.
5. Ephesians 6:10-17 – Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.
16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
Related Article: 10 Steps To Pray To God For A Miracle.
6. Psalm 9:10 – Those who know your name trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you.
7. 2 Thessalonians 3:3 – But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.
8. Psalm 12:7 – You, Lord, will keep the needy safe and will protect us forever from the wicked.
9. Psalm 23:4 – Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
10. Psalm 27:12-13 – Do not turn me over to the desire of my foes, for false witnesses rise up against me, spouting malicious accusations. I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
12. Psalm 33:18-20 – But the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love, to deliver them from death and keep them alive in famine. We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield.
13. Deuteronomy 33:27 – The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms. He will drive out your enemies before you, saying, ‘Destroy them!’
14. Psalm 140:7-8 – Sovereign Lord, my strong deliverer, you shield my head in the day of battle. Do not grant the wicked their desires, Lord; do not let their plans succeed.
15. Psalm 46:1-3 – God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.
16. Psalm 12:5 – “Because the poor are plundered and the needy groan, I will now arise,” says the Lord. “I will protect them from those who malign them.”
17. Psalm 66:8-9 – Praise our God, all peoples, let the sound of his praise be heard; he has preserved our lives and kept our feet from slipping.
18. Proverbs 18:10 – The name of the Lord is a fortified tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.
19. Psalm 49:15 – But God will redeem me from the realm of the dead; he will surely take me to himself.
20. Psalm 31:4 – Keep me free from the trap that is set for me, for you are my refuge.
Related Article: 12 Proven Ways To Trust God Completely.
21. Job 11:13-19 –13 “Yet if you devote your heart to him and stretch out your hands to him,14 if you put away the sin that is in your hand and allow no evil to dwell in your tent, 15 then, free of fault, you will lift up your face; you will stand firm and without fear.
16 You will surely forget your trouble, recalling it only as waters gone by.17 Life will be brighter than noonday, and darkness will become like morning.18 You will be secure, because there is hope; you will look about you and take your rest in safety. 19 You will lie down, with no one to make you afraid, and many will court your favor.
22. Psalm 20:2 – May he send you help from the sanctuary and grant you support from Zion.
23. Proverbs 19:23 – The fear of the Lord leads to life; then one rests content, untouched by trouble.
24. Psalm 17:8-9 – Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings from the wicked who are out to destroy me, from my mortal enemies who surround me.
25. Psalm 25:2 – I trust in you; do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me.
26. Psalm 7:1-2 – Lord my God, I take refuge in you; save and deliver me from all who pursue me, or they will tear me apart like a lion and rip me to pieces with no one to rescue me.
27. Psalm 62:8 – Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.
28. Proverbs 10:29 – The way of the Lord is a refuge for the blameless, but it is the ruin of those who do evil.
29. Psalm 7:10 – My shield is God Most High, who saves the upright in heart.
30. Psalm 91:5-7 – You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday. A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.
31. Exodus 15:2 – “The Lord is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will exalt him.
32. Psalm 116:6 – The Lord protects the unwary; when I was brought low, he saved me.
33. Psalm 140:1-4 – Rescue me, Lord, from evildoers; protect me from the violent, who devise evil plans in their hearts and stir up war every day. They make their tongues as sharp as a serpent’s; the poison of vipers is on their lips. Keep me safe, Lord, from the hands of the wicked; protect me from the violent, who devise ways to trip my feet.
34. Psalm 71:1 – In you, Lord, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame.
35. Job 5:21 – You will be protected from the lash of the tongue, and need not fear when destruction comes.
36. Psalm 25:20-21 – Guard my life and rescue me; do not let me be put to shame, for I take refuge in you. May integrity and uprightness protect me, because my hope, Lord, is in you.
37. Proverbs 4:6 – Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you; love her, and she will watch over you.
38. John 17:15 – My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one.
39. Psalm 91:10 – No harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent.
40. 2 Samuel 22:3 – my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge, and my savior – from violent people you save me.
41. Psalm 9:9-10 – The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. Those who know your name trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you.
42. Psalm 16:1 – Keep me safe, my God, for in you I take refuge.
43. Psalm 119:114 – You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word.
44. Psalm 3:1-3 – Lord, how many are my foes! How many rise up against me! Many are saying of me, “God will not deliver him.” But you, Lord, are a shield around me, my glory, the One who lifts my head high.
45. Matthew 26:41 – “Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.”
46. Genesis 28:15 – I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.”
47. Psalm 91:2-3 – I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” Surely, he will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence.
48. Proverbs 2:7-8 – He holds success in store for the upright, he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless, for he guards the course of the just and protects the way of his faithful ones.
49. Psalm 32:6-7 – Therefore let all the faithful pray to you while you may be found; surely the rising of the mighty waters will not reach them. You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.
50. Psalm 138:7 – Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life. You stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes; with your right hand, you save me.
51. Psalm 112:6-8 – Surely the righteous will never be shaken; they will be remembered forever. They will have no fear of bad news; their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the Lord. Their hearts are secure, they will have no fear; in the end, they will look in triumph on their foes.
52. 2 Peter 3:17-18 – Therefore, dear friends, since you have been forewarned, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of the lawless and fall from your secure position. But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.
Related Article: 8 Benefits Of Putting God First In Your Life.
When you pray the Scriptures, God sends His angels to come to your rescue (Psalm 103:20). When faced with trouble, pray for protection and God’s help. Your prayers are powerful and effective especially when you pray God’s word into your troubling situations. The only way not to be anxious is to pray over every situation.
God guarantees that His peace will guard your heart and mind (Philippians 4:6-7). When you pray for protection, you are averting a lot of negative situations that would wreak havoc in your life. You can then live the abundant life Jesus came to give you