75 Awesome Spiritual Warfare Scriptures to Pray for Protection
- January 25, 2020
- No Comments (0)
Spiritual Warfare Scriptures can be used when engaged in spiritual warfare. Spiritual warfare is a reality every believer faces, yet we don’t hear much about it in many churches.
Chuck Lawless says the devil tries to bait us with false teaching or lure us into sin.
He turns us against each other so we will not fulfill the Great Commission.
In the Compelling Truth website, spiritual warfare exists because of Peter’s warning in 1 Peter 5:8. He says the devil roams around looking for whom to attack.
The article also says spiritual warfare is the idea that humans battle with supernatural powers.
God has given us tools in his word to engage in spiritual warfare. You don’t need to fear the enemy whom Jesus defeated at the cross.
The Navigators ministry has short powerful spiritual warfare prayers based on Bible verses. They’re a good place to start.
Below are 75 powerful spiritual warfare Scriptures you can pray for protection.
1. Ephesians 6:11 “Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.” (Lord, I put on your armor and reject the plans of the devil.)
2. Ephesians 6:12 “For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.” (Lord, teach me to identify the real enemy.)
3. James 4:7 “Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” (Lord, I submit to you and close all doors I opened to the enemy.)
4. 1 John 4:4 “You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.” (Lord, I declare I will overcome the enemy’s attacks.)
5. 1 Corinthians 15:57 “But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.” (Lord, I thank you for victory.)
6. Joshua 1:9 “…Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” (Lord, I will not fear for you are with me.)
7. Psalm 44:5 “Through you, we push back our enemies; through your name, we trample our foes.” (Lord, I trample on the enemy in your name.)
8. Romans 8:31 “…If God is for us, who can be against us?” (Lord, thank you for you’re on my side.)
9. Deuteronomy 3:22 “…the Lord your God himself will fight for you.” (Lord, fight this battle for me.)
10. Psalm 18:39 “You armed me with strength for battle…” (Lord, strengthen me for the battle.)
11. Isaiah 54:17 “no weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you…” (Lord, I destroy the enemy’s weapons against me.)
12. 1 Peter 5:8 “…Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour…” (Lord, I declare the enemy won’t find me.)
13. Psalm 91:5 “You will not fear the terror of night…” (Lord, protect me as I sleep.)
14. Psalm 91:7 “A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.” (Lord, the plagues of the enemy will not come near me.)
Related Article: How To Get Your Prayers Answered A Helpful Guide.
15. Psalm 91:8 “You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked.” (Lord, I leave my wicked foes in your hands.)
16. Psalm 91:10 “No harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent.” (Lord, protect me from harm and misfortune.)
17. Psalm 91:11 “For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways.” (Lord, send your angels to watch over me.)
18. Psalm 91:13 “…You will trample the great lion and the serpent.” (Lord, I trample every demon attacking me in Jesus’ name.)
19. Psalm 91:14 “…I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.” (Lord, protect me because I believe in the power of your name.)
20. Psalm 91:15 “…I will deliver him and honor him.” (Lord, deliver me from my enemies.)
21. Galatians 5:17 “For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh…” (Lord, may I desire what is of the Spirit.)
22. 1 Peter 2:11 “…to abstain from sinful desires, which wage war against your soul.” (Lord, help me let go of ungodly desires.)
23. Isaiah 40:31 “but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength…” (Lord, please give me supernatural strength.)
24. Psalm 89:23 “I will crush his foes before him and strike down his adversaries.” (Lord, defeat my enemies before me.)
25. Romans 12:21 “Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.” (Lord, help me not to be)
26. Psalm 20:2 “May he send you help from the sanctuary and grant you support from Zion.” (Lord, help me overcome demonic attacks.)
27. Colossians 1:13 “For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves…” (Lord, thank you for your salvation.)
28. Psalm 18:34 “He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze.” (Lord, train me on spiritual warfare.)
29. Philippians 4:13 “I can do all this through him who gives me strength.” (Lord, I will win this battle through Christ.)
30. 2 Samuel 22:40 “…you humbled my adversaries before me.” (Lord, subdue my enemies before me.)
31. Zechariah 4:6 “‘Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the Lord Almighty.” (Lord, my battles will be won by your Spirit.)
32. 2 Thessalonians 3:3 “But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.” (Lord, protect me from the enemy.)
33. Deuteronomy 28:7 “The Lord will grant that the enemies who rise up against you will be defeated before you…” (Lord, defeat all my enemies.)
34. Revelation 12:11 “They triumphed over him by the blood of the Lamb…” (Lord, I overcome the devil by the blood of Jesus.)
35. 1 John 3:8 “…The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work.” (Lord, destroy the works of the devil in my life.)
Related Article: How To Prayer For Guidance And Protection.
36. Psalm 89:6 “For who in the skies above can compare with the Lord?…” (Lord, there is no greater power than yours.)
37. Luke 10:19 “I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.” (Lord, with your authority, I cancel the wicked plans of the enemy in my life.)
38. Joshua 23:10 “One of you routs a thousand, because the Lord your God fights for you, just as he promised.” (Lord, rout my enemies.)
39. Titus 2:14 “Who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness…” (Lord, deliver me from sinful choices.)
40. 2 Timothy 3:12 “In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted.” (Lord, deliver me from the attacks of others.)
41. Psalm 31:5 “Into your hands I commit my spirit; deliver me, Lord, my faithful God.” (Lord, deliver me in your faithfulness.)
42. Romans 7:25 “Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!…” (Lord, thank you for defeating my enemy at the cross.)
43. 2 Timothy 12:18 “The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack…” (Lord, rescue me from the devil’s attacks.)
44. Psalm 3:8 “From the Lord comes deliverance…” (Lord, my deliverance comes from you.)
45. 1 Corinthians 16:13 “Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith…” (Lord, help me to always be alert.)
46. Matthew 6:13 “…but deliver us from the evil one.” (Lord, keep the enemy out of my life.)
47. Matthew 26:41 “Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.” (Lord, keep me away from evil temptations.)
48. 2 Chronicles 32:8 “…But with us is the Lord our God to help us and to fight our battles…” (Lord, help me fight my battles.)
49. Luke 22:31 “Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift all of you as wheat…” (Lord, deliver me from the devil’s plans.)
50. 1 John 5:4 “…This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.” (Lord, help me to hold on to my faith)
51. Psalm 6:4 “Turn, Lord, and deliver me; save me because of your unfailing love.” (Lord, deliver me for I am your beloved.)
52. Luke 1:37 “For no word from God will ever fail.” (Lord, may your word and not the enemy’s, prevail in my life.)
53. Romans 8:37 “No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.” (Lord, I will defeat the enemy in Jesus’ name.)
54. John 10:10 “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy…” (Lord, keep the enemy from interfering with my life and work.)
55. Psalm 140:7 “Sovereign Lord, my strong deliverer, you shield my head in the day of battle.” (Lord, be my shield on the battlefield.)
56. Psalm 56:2 “My adversaries pursue me all day long…” (Lord, pursue my enemies.)
57. Psalm 35:1 “Contend, Lord, with those who contend with me; fight against those who fight against me.” (Lord, contend with my enemies.)
58. John 14:30 “…For the prince of this world is coming. He has no hold over me.” (Lord, I declare the enemy has no hold over me.)
59. Psalm 34:4 “I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.” (Lord, deliver me from the spirit of fear.)
60. Psalm 34:7 “The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them.” (Lord, send your angel to deliver me.)
61. Psalm 34:15 “The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and his ears are attentive to their cry.” (Lord, hear my cries for deliverance.)
62. Psalm 34:19 “The righteous person may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all.” (Lord, deliver me from all my troubles.)
63. Psalm 34:21 “Evil will slay the wicked; the foes of the righteous will be condemned.” (Lord, I leave my enemies in your hands.)
Related Article: How To Pray When You Are Under Spiritual Attack.
64. Psalm 34:22 “The Lord will rescue his servants…” (Lord, rescue me.)
65. Psalm 89:8 “Who is like you, Lord God Almighty?…” (Lord, I believe in your mighty power.)
66. Psalm 69:1 “Save me, O God, for the waters have come up to my neck.” (Lord, save me from my troubles.)
67. Psalm 69:13 “…Answer me with your sure salvation.” (Lord, save me for you are my God.)
68. 2 Kings 17:39 “Rather, worship the Lord your God; it is he who will deliver you from the hand of all your enemies.” (Lord, free me from the hand of the enemy.)
69. Hosea 13:14 “I will deliver this people from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death…” (Lord, deliver me from a spirit of death.)
70. Psalm 3:7 “Arise, Lord! Deliver me, my God! Strike all my enemies on the jaw; break the teeth of the wicked.” (Lord, do not delay. Deliver me from the wicked.)
71. Psalm 18:43 “You have delivered me from the attacks of the people…” (Lord, deliver me from the evil words of others.)
72. Psalm 26:11 “I lead a blameless life; deliver me and be merciful to me.” (Lord, deliver me in your great mercy.)
73. Isaiah 1:27 “Zion will be delivered with justice, her penitent ones with righteousness.” (Lord, deliver me by your justice and righteousness.)
74. Job 36:15 “But those who suffer he delivers in their suffering…” (Lord, deliver me from my suffering.)
75. Genesis 49:18 “I look for your deliverance, Lord.” (Lord, I will look to you only for my deliverance.)
Spiritual Warfare Books
- Issuing Divine Restraining Orders from the Courts of Heaven by Dr. Fancis Myles with Robert Henderson
- The Bondage Breaker by Neil T. Anderson
- Prayer and Spiritual Warfare by Charles Spurgeon
Spiritual Warfare YouTube Video
- The Mystery of Spiritual Warfare by John Paul Jackson
75 Awesome Spiritual Warfare Scriptures to Pray for Protection
About The Author
Is an Ordained Minister and Life Coach. He is an ordained minister since 1988. Shortly after receiving Jesus as his personal savior, he answered the call to ministry.