Did you know prayer works in everything we do? Yes, it does! It can divinely turn around the outcome of any medical test when waiting for the result.
So, instead of allowing anxiety to get the best of you, you should channel your energy into praying for good results when you are awaiting a test outcome.
In this resourceful article, you will find the following:
- How to pray for good results from the doctor?
- Prayers for good medical test results.
- Scriptures to meditate on when you are waiting for medical test results.
- Frequently asked questions about prayers for medical tests.
You will also find words of encouragement for someone waiting for medical test results.
How Do I Pray for Good Medical Test Results?
You can have many wishes for good medical results, but the best option remains to seek God’s help in anxious times through prayers.
Here’s how to pray for good medical test results:
- Thank God for the gift of life and the many blessings He has bestowed on you.
- Pray a powerful prayer before a medical procedure (you will find some in this article).
- Thank God for giving you the courage to undergo the different medical procedures the doctors made you go through.
- Thank God in advance for a good test result. Thanking God for good medical results is a way of expressing gratitude to Him for the excellent outcome you anticipate.
- Ask God for all-around good medical test results.
- Meditate on Scripture for waiting on test results (You will also find some in this article).
- Ask God for the grace to wait patiently for as long as possible and the ability to stay calm throughout the waiting period.
- Pray for strength and courage to accept whatever the outcome may be.
If you are ready to offer some powerful prayers for good medical test results, you are definitely in luck, as I have provided 17 powerful ones in this article.
Here Are Prayers for Good Medical Test Results.
1. Prayer Before a Medical Test.
Philippians 4:6-7 NIV – Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Lord Jesus, I’m grateful for your mercy and grace in my life. Thank you for your strength, love, and peace.
Lord, I ask that you take absolute control as I undergo a crucial medical test today. I need both your guidance and strength as I go through the entire procedure.
Dear Father, though this is a routine check I must have, there is always a possibility that a serious medical condition may be discovered. So, I ask that you strengthen me for whatever will emerge from it because I know that whatever it is, you will handle it.
Gracious God, I will not fail to ask for your abiding presence. May your divine presence be with me as always and bless me with good results in this routine procedure.
Loving Father, you know how anxious I get about doctors’ offices, hospitals, needles, and medical equipment. Therefore, I ask that you calm my nerves and overwhelm me with your peace throughout this standard procedure.
This I pray, in Jesus’ name, Amen.
2. Prayer for a Good Diagnosis.
Colossians 3:15 NIV – Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body, you were called to peace. And be thankful.
Holy God, you know how I have been feeling for some time now. Hence, I need to undergo some medical tests to ascertain if I’m ill.
I need strength as I head to the hospital today. Please, Lord, make my diagnosis a good one. May nothing arise from the diagnosis that will give me, my doctors, and my family any concern.
By the time I return to the doctor for the report of my diagnosis, may I receive normal results and hear “everything looks good.”
Most of all, bless me with good health, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
3. Prayer for Wisdom for Doctors.
James 1:5 NIV – If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.
Merciful God, thank you for providing the doctors who treat and heal illnesses and diseases. I know there are so many people who need their attention.
So, I pray you give my doctor a clear mind as he reviews my test results. I also ask that you imbue him with your wisdom to know how to diagnose me correctly.
In Jesus’ name, I pray, Amen.
4. Prayers for Awaiting Urine Test Results.
1 Peter 5:7-8 NIV – Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 8: Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
Father God, I come before you asking for good results for the urinalysis I had undergone. Thank you for helping me complete the process successfully.
Mighty God, I ask that you help me as I await my test result. Please fill me with the grace to be open to any path you decide to take me after this test. Also, strengthen me to receive the outcome in good faith, whatever it may be.
Abba Father, peradventure, it turns out unfavorable; I ask that you take me toward the path of healing.
In Jesus’ name, I pray, Amen.
5. Prayers for Awaiting Chest X-Ray Test Results.
Matthew 11:28-30 NIV – Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls; for my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Dear Heavenly Father, as I sit waiting for my chest x-ray results here in the hospital, may the findings turn out good, even better than I expected.
Lord Jesus, may the x-ray be clear and easy to read and understand. Show the doctors what they need to see on my x-ray. I also ask that you fill them with wisdom to fit all the pieces together. Give them an idea of what to do after the results are out.
Gracious Lord, may no fluid be found in my body or anything out of place so that I will not need any medication. Instead, may the x-ray only reveal fully functioning organs, just as you perfectly created them.
Lastly, Father, strengthen me as I wait and grant me faith to hope for the best.
In the Mighty Name of Jesus Christ, I pray, Amen.
6. Prayers for Awaiting Medical Tests Results.
Psalm 23:4 NIV – Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
Everlasting God, I surrender my anxiety to you and ask that you overwhelm me with your love.
Please surround me with your grace today as I await favorable test results. Assist me in being patient and calm during this period of waiting.
Above all, please guide my doctors while they look over my test results and give them the insight they need to interpret them correctly.
In Jesus’ name, I pray, Amen.
7. Prayers for Awaiting CT/CAT Scan Results.
Psalm 56:3 NIV – When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.
Great God, please sit with me while I wait for my CT/CAT scan results. I pray that the medical test results I expect will bring tears of joy down my cheeks. Through them, may I receive a mind-blowing testimony in Jesus’ Mighty Name.
May the images that will be revealed provide the doctors the insight they need to treat me effectively to bring about my body’s recovery.
Merciful God, I pray that each image will successfully show my insides just as you created them. I also request that you guide my radiologist to make wise and knowledgeable suggestions to my doctors afterward. And make my doctors humble enough to follow through with these suggestions.
In the end, may I have every reason to glorify your name.
In Jesus’ name, I pray, Amen.
8. Prayer for Good MRI Results.
Proverbs 3:5-6 NIV – Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
Loving God, thank you for helping me undergo the challenging procedure. I pray that you help me never to have any reason to undergo anyone again.
Lord, I ask for your guidance as I receive my MRI results today. I reject every conspiracy of darkness to make me shed bitter tears concerning my health in the name of Jesus Christ.
I pray that my results will be normal so I can glorify you with a healthy body.
May the MRI be successful. Also, provide my doctors with all the information they need to resolve every issue I complained about finally.
If something is ever discovered, I pray it is a simple thing to treat.
Thank you, Loving God, because I know you will spare my family and me the stress of a severe diagnosis.
Dear Lord, thank you also because I will enjoy many more years in good health.
In Jesus’ name, Amen.
9. Prayer for Good News from Doctor.
Psalms 84:11 NIV – For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless.
Faithful God, as I receive my test results today, I pray that your peace will dominate my spirit, soul, and body to the glory of your holy name.
I decree that the laboratory technicians and scientists will not work in error as they handle my urine and blood samples in the name of Jesus.
Abba Father, I ask that you give my doctors good news to relate to me over all the tests. If, by chance, any news surfaces from the test, I am awaiting their results. Before a second set of tests is done to confirm any condition, may your fire run through my entire body system to rid me of every disease so that nothing will emerge from subsequent tests or cause me pain in the present or future.
Lastly, I decree by faith that the enemy’s will shall never prevail over my life and health but the will of God.
In the Mighty Name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
10. Prayers for Awaiting a Bone X-Ray Test Result.
Psalm 56:3-4 NIV – When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I shall not be afraid.
Our Father in Heaven, thank you because you have blessed the health sector with incredible technology. I know that without it, I would have inaccurate x-ray results.
Please show the doctors what they need to see and give them the ability to fix my bones in the proper position so that I will be relieved of this pain.
Whatsoever illness is hiding in my body, turn it around in my favor and return full movement back in my bones. Please heal my bones where I need healing, so I can ease moving henceforth.
Thank you, Most Loving God, because you are the one who specializes in turning bad reports into good ones.
In Jesus’ name, I pray, Amen.
11. Prayers for Awaiting Blood Work Test Results.
Isaiah 12:2 NIV – Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust and will not be afraid.
Lord Jesus, thank you for allowing me to get this blood work done. I ask that you give my doctors what they need to know through my blood sample.
May they discover what is really going on with my health. In addition, may my blood count come out normal or be in a range with a straightforward course of action.
Father God, I ask that you remove this anxious feeling as I wait for my test results. Fill me with the peace only you can give.
Most importantly, I ask that you assist me in relying on you during this stressful time.
In Jesus’ name, I pray, Amen.
12. Prayers for Awaiting Ultra Sound Test Results.
Mark 4:40 NIV – He said to them, “Why are you so afraid? Have you still no faith?”
Precious Holy Spirit, I declare that this test result I am currently expecting will not be an introduction to ill health in my life.
Please give me positive ultrasound test results. May the sound waves produce the needed images and make them perfectly clear. Also, guide the doctors and show them the right action to take.
Lord, I ask that you give me peace during this waiting time. I receive grace to remain steadfast and patient as I expect the test results in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
13. Prayers for Awaiting Biopsy Test Results.
Hebrews 11:23 NIV – By faith Moses, when he was born, was hidden for three months by his parents … and they were not afraid of the king’s edict.
Mighty God, please help my doctors discover the right path to take on this issue. I ask that you make the findings of my biopsy tests conclusive and nothing to worry about.
If any foreign material is discovered in the test results, remove them with your miraculous hands.
Lord, cancel whatsoever evil that may be discovered in my health that made my doctor recommend this test. May they vanish from my body and bloodstream without any trace in the mighty name of Jesus.
Most of all, I ask that you give me the grace to always maintain a healthy lifestyle and good food diet from now on so that I will always be well nourished.
Thank you for being with me during my biopsy. Also, stay with me as I await the results, which I do not doubt will be good ones.
In the victorious name of Jesus, I pray, Amen.
14. Prayer for Good Test Results for a Friend.
Jeremiah 29:11 NIV – For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Heavenly Father, I pray for my dear friend awaiting his test results. Please be with him at this crucial time. Soothe his anxiety with the knowledge that nothing can be against him because you are for him.
Also, imbue the medical personnel who are conducting his tests with the wisdom that comes from you.
I bind every spirit of error in any stage of the procedure. May the result be one that will gladden his heart when it finally comes out to the glory of your holy name. Amen!
15. Prayers for Good Medical Test Results.
Proverbs 25:25 NIV – Like cold water to a weary soul is good news from a distant land.
Father in Heaven, thank you so much for giving me the strength to undergo the necessary tests and the patience to wait for the outcome. Thank you also because I trust you will strengthen me to receive the results.
Lord, may I have every reason to rejoice as I finally receive my medical test results from the doctor today.
Even though I am getting older, you know I try to take care of myself and live my life according to your commands. Therefore, I ask that you bless me with the fruits of my labor.
Lastly, Lord, please help me trust fully in your wisdom and in the knowledge that you will bless me with sound health.
In Jesus’ name, I reject every evil manipulation regarding my health. And by faith, I declare that it shall not prosper.
In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen!
16. Comforting Prayers to Pray Before and After a Test.
Proverbs 15:30 NIV – Light in a messenger’s eyes brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones.
Compassionate God, I commit myself and the tests my doctor recommended I do to your loving hands. Give me the courage to go through all the required stages, procedures, and entire processes.
As I wait for the results, I pray that you be with me throughout these procedures. Fill my heart with your peace that surpasses all understanding. When the test results finally emerge, may they calm my nerves with overwhelming good news. May this good news be so amazing that it will be like music to my ears.
Thank you, dear Lord, because the result I will receive shall be nothing far from what I anticipate.
In the Mighty Name of Jesus, Amen!
17. Prayer of Thanks for a Good Medical Result.
2 Corinthians 9:11 NIV – You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us, your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.
Most Gracious God, thank you for your mercy which endures forever. Thank you also for the confirmation of sound health (or divine healing); blessed be your holy name, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
I am grateful that you allowed me to lean on you when I was most vulnerable and anxious. You held me close throughout the period of waiting for my test results.
Thank you because the results did not mark the beginning of sorrow for me and my loved ones. Instead, you filled my heart with joy over the good doctor’s report I got after my diagnosis.
Loving Father, thank you because I am healthy, wealthy, and blessed. And because you did not allow me to spend my money running further medical tests or buying drugs to manage an ailment.
May all the glory be ascribed unto your holy name. Amen!
Bible Verses for Medical Tests
Are you looking for Bible verses for good medical test results? I have provided some for you.
Read and meditate on these Scriptures while waiting for test results and watch God fill your heart with peace instead of the usual anxious thoughts following a medical test.
- 3 John 1:2 NIV – Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.
- John 14:27 NIV – Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled, and do not be afraid.
- Psalm 27:13-14 NIV – I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. 14: Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.
- Romans 8:11 NIV – And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.
- Jeremiah 17:14 NIV – Heal me, Lord, and I will be healed; save me, and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise.
- Isaiah 53:5. NIV – But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds, we are healed.
- Exodus 15:26. NIV – He said, “If you listen carefully to the Lord your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord, who heals you.”
- Lamentations 3:25 NIV – The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him.
- Micah 7:7 NIV – But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me.
- Psalm 46:1-2 NIV – God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. 2: Therefore, we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea.
- Psalm 23:4 NIV – Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
The word of God in James 5:16 says – The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.
So, I can assure you that as you make the above prayers for good medical test results, the Lord will give you nothing but a favorable outcome and peace to wait patiently without any anxiety for a doctor’s report.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What do you pray before a medical procedure?
- Pray for peace so that the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard both your heart and mind.
- Ask God for the courage to go through the rigorous procedures involved with medical tests.
- Pray for the physicians, laboratory technicians, nurses, and health care providers that will be involved.
- Mainly so that God will imbue them with the wisdom and grace they need to do the right thing. As well as provide the best care possible where required.
- Ask God for divine financial provision so that you can take care of the costs of all the recommended tests.
- Pray for grace to handle the outcome with faith and strength, regardless of what it will be.
- Pray effective prayers for good medical tests and favorable results.
2. How do you pray for a medical miracle?
Perhaps, you have undergone a series of medical tests, and it turned out that you have a condition that requires medical attention; you should pray for a medical miracle.
You should pray miracle prayers for healing for a divine intervention concerning whatever the doctors have discovered through your tests.
Matthew 15:22-29 tells us healing is the children’s bread. Hence, every believer can lay claim to divine healing at any point in time and have it.
If you are asking, “How do you pray for medical healing?”
Here are ways to pray for a medical miracle:
- Thank God for the provision of divine healing.
- Tell God the outcome of the doctor’s diagnosis.
- Pray, asking Him for the specific healing you want. Do this with all the seriousness and desperation you can muster.
- Pray Scriptures about healing, especially those related to healing from illnesses or health conditions generally.
- Remind God that you have a right to divine healing.
- Be persistent in asking until you have received the specific healing you desire.
3. How do you comfort someone waiting for their results?
You obviously can’t tell a friend waiting for an important medical test result, “You will be fine,” because you both know you can’t guarantee that.
So, what do you say to someone awaiting medical test results? What do you do? What do you say to someone expecting results? How do you comfort someone waiting for their results?
- Give them a listening ear.
- Offer to spend time with them and keep them busy.
- Find “encouraging texts to send someone waiting for test results” and send them to them daily. Possibly at random times during the day.
- Send them soothing Scriptures to alleviate their anxious feelings and replace them with peace and calmness.
- You should also encourage them to take as many needed breaths as possible. This will make them less anxious.
- You can also encourage your friend with comforting words like:
- You are not in this alone.
- I will be right here for you, regardless of what the test results reveal.
- You are in my thoughts and prayers every day.
- I am sending you all my love and prayers during this time.
- It is only natural to worry. But please don’t beat yourself up over what is not under your control.
- Whatever the test’s outcome, we will pray it to God together.