A prayer in the morning can help you start your day well and be geared for success. Nevertheless, it helps if you have a book with prayer devotionals to provide the prompts you need.
Luckily, several books with prayers and valuable scriptures help you understand God’s will for your life. If you are wondering which prayer devotional to purchase, this article provides detailed descriptions of 25 books in this category.
Although they may target different audiences, the books generally seek to point readers to the goodness of God.
- 1 1. Christian Devotionals
- 1.1 1. Fighting Words Devotional: 100 Days of Speaking Truth into Darkness by Ellie Holcomb
- 1.2 2. New Morning Mercies: A Daily Gospel Devotional by Paul David Tripp
- 1.3 4. Healing After Loss: Daily Meditations for Working through Grief by Martha Whitmore Hickman
- 1.4 5. Jesus Calling: Enjoy Peace of mind in His Presence by Sarah Young
- 2 2. Best Christian devotionals
- 2.1 6. A Couples Devotional: 30-Minute Weekly Devotions to Grow in Faith and Joy from I Do to Ever After by Michelle Peterson
- 2.2 7. Strength for Each Day: 365 Devotions to Make Every Day a Great Day by Joyce Meyer
- 2.3 8. 40 Days through the Bible: The Answers to Your Deepest Longings by Lysa TerKeurst
- 2.4 9. God Hears Her: 365 Devotions for Women by Women by Our Only Bread Ministries
- 2.5 10. 3-Minute Devotions for Men: 180 Encouraging Readings by Barbour Staff
- 2.6 11. Good Enough: 40ish Devotionals for a Life of Imperfection by Kate Bowler
- 2.7 12. Embraced: 100 Devotions to Know God Is Holding You Close by Lysa Terkeurst
- 2.8 13. Live in Light: 5-Minute Devotions for Teen Girls by Melanie M. Redd
- 2.9 14. God’s Promises for Graduates: Class of 2022 by Jack Countryman
- 2.10 15. Worry Less, Pray More: A Woman’s Devotional Guide to Anxiety-Free Living by Donna K. Maltese
- 3 3. Daily Prayer Devotionals
- 3.1 16. You Got This: 90 Devotions to Equip and Empower Hardworking Women by Melissa Horvath
- 3.2 17: The Meaning of Marriage: A Couple’s Devotional by Timothy Keller and Kathy Keller
- 3.3 18. Seeing Beautiful Again: 50 Devotions to Find Redemption in Every Part of Your Story by Lysa Terkeurst
- 3.4 19. 100 Days of Believing Bigger: Devotional Journal by Marshawn Evans Daniels
- 3.5 20. The Purpose-Driven Life: What on Earth Am I Here For? by Rick Warren
- 3.6 21. Power for Your Day Devotional: 45 Days to Finding More Purpose and Peace in Your Life by Samuel Rodriguez
- 3.7 22. Jesus Listens: Daily Devotional Prayers of Peace, Joy, and Hope by Sarah Young
- 4 4. Powerful Daily Prayers Devotionals.
1. Christian Devotionals
1. Fighting Words Devotional: 100 Days of Speaking Truth into Darkness by Ellie Holcomb
You need the shelter of God’s word in the seasons of life when you are trying to have life to the full, but you just cannot.
With this Devotional, you will see the Word of God kick out the darkness and infuse the light you need to keep going. This devotional Holcomb invites you to ponder on God’s promises and reiterate them into your soul. You will love the honest reflections represented in the book.
2. New Morning Mercies: A Daily Gospel Devotional by Paul David Tripp
Do you often feel weary, weighed down by the world’s weight? In this book, Tripp provides the encouragement you need to get on with your life.
You may want to read it in the morning as you have a cup of coffee and a hearty breakfast. There is no feel-good aphorism or behavior modification but an encounter with God.
4. Healing After Loss: Daily Meditations for Working through Grief by Martha Whitmore Hickman
If you have suffered the loss of a loved one, it is essential to focus on your healing. While there are many other ways to heal, a good book such as this one can accelerate the process.
Hickman seeks to inspire, comfort, and strengthen your faith through her well-articulated words. With time, you will be able to go beyond the storm of the loss and get back to your everyday life.
5. Jesus Calling: Enjoy Peace of mind in His Presence by Sarah Young
Jesus is calling you to spend time in His presence with devotionals and useful scripture references. Sarah Young seeks to help reassure, guide, strengthen, and make you feel comforted in the book.
She writes it so that you would feel Jesus Himself addressing you. The book can help you get peace of mind when you feel overwhelmed by life’s cares.
2. Best Christian devotionals
6. A Couples Devotional: 30-Minute Weekly Devotions to Grow in Faith and Joy from I Do to Ever After by Michelle Peterson
If you are constantly fighting with your wife, this book can help you stay married. Michelle Peterson highlights issues that face you and any other married couple in the book.
She empathizes with troubled marriages and provides actionable advice to help them get over their problems. Couples should spend thirty minutes reading and discussing the book’s chapters to get solutions to their issues and skills to overcome conflicts in the future.
7. Strength for Each Day: 365 Devotions to Make Every Day a Great Day by Joyce Meyer
Joyce Meyer aims to help you spend more time in God’s word and prayer and enjoy the excellent strength that only God can provide.
Regardless of how tough it might be, you should be able to experience trials with patience and a positive attitude. Apart from enjoying your Christian journey, you will be able to gain the victory you desire.
8. 40 Days through the Bible: The Answers to Your Deepest Longings by Lysa TerKeurst
Lysa Terkeurst wrote this book to make the Bible less overwhelming by creating a study to help readers understand the gist of the story of the Bible more in-depth.
This devotional introduces the Bible themes, the interconnections within the Bible and its meaning to you. You will also discover how Christ fulfills eight of the most vital human longings.
9. God Hears Her: 365 Devotions for Women by Women by Our Only Bread Ministries
Do you often feel like you are on your own? In God Hears Her, the authors remind you that God is ever-present in your life and will not forsake you.
It contains personal stories, Bible verses, and inspirational quotes from Our Daily Bread to lift your spirits and remind you of the greatness of God in your circumstances.
10. 3-Minute Devotions for Men: 180 Encouraging Readings by Barbour Staff
Sometimes, you need a 3-minute devotional to get off to a good start in the morning. Through this book, Barbour Staff targets the modern man with bite-sized encouragements.
Thus, you can quickly read an encouraging verse and get back to your busy life in no time. Each reading addresses essential topics such as prayer, courage, leadership, and Bible study to help you start the day ideally.
11. Good Enough: 40ish Devotionals for a Life of Imperfection by Kate Bowler
In this book, Kate Bowler attempts to help you make sense of life amidst its painful moments. It is the perfect companion for those looking for ways to overcome the guilt of not living your best possible life.
The book lets you know that you should not attempt to heal others while you can fix some things. It celebrates interdependence, honesty, and kindness in a culture that rewards blind optimism and ruthless individualism.
Also See: Prayer Podcasts: The 20 Best Of 2022.
12. Embraced: 100 Devotions to Know God Is Holding You Close by Lysa Terkeurst
Embraced offers 100 devotions that resonate with all women regardless of their stage in life. By reading the book, you get God’s perspective on everyday issues.
With the 100 prayer devotionals, prayer prompts, and daily scriptures, you can be free from your struggles, hear God’s intimate voice, and get free of wondering.
13. Live in Light: 5-Minute Devotions for Teen Girls by Melanie M. Redd
Students, especially girls’ experience stressful situations, including school stress, girl squad drama, and crushes. So, how do you deal with everyday stressful situations as a girl teenager does?
Through Living in Light, you can learn what it takes to overcome the pressure for perfection. It contains five-minute devotionals to help you live in God’s will.
14. God’s Promises for Graduates: Class of 2022 by Jack Countryman
Life can be uncertain for graduates from high schools and colleges.
Apart from seeking to comfort graduates, the book by Jack Countryman teaches essential virtues like perseverance, respect, focus, loyalty, integrity, and character. It contains many scriptures on the NKJV Bible and has a leather soft cover design.
15. Worry Less, Pray More: A Woman’s Devotional Guide to Anxiety-Free Living by Donna K. Maltese
Are you finding it hard to live without worries? In Worry Less, Pray More, Donna Maltese provides all you need to remain calm.
The answer to the concern is prayer, after which you should let God’s peace permeate your affairs. When Christ comes into your life, He helps you live an anxiety-free life.
3. Daily Prayer Devotionals
16. You Got This: 90 Devotions to Equip and Empower Hardworking Women by Melissa Horvath
Women have so much going on and things to handle on a daily basis. Melissa Horvath provides a 90-day devotional to fight stress by focusing on your blessings.
Reading it can help you realize that you are unique and your existence matter, God equips you to live each day empowered. Nothing can defeat you.
17: The Meaning of Marriage: A Couple’s Devotional by Timothy Keller and Kathy Keller
The Meaning of Marriage is an insightful devotional with a message for the 365 days. Successful married couple Timothy and Kathy Keller share what it takes to have a great marriage.
The authors offer prayer prompts, daily scriptures, and relatable stories in the book. It will help you to know God and love your spouse more deeply.
18. Seeing Beautiful Again: 50 Devotions to Find Redemption in Every Part of Your Story by Lysa Terkeurst
According to Lysa Terkeurst, pain is merely a beautiful remaking of the beautiful things coming in the future. It contains over 50 prayer devotionals, prompts, scriptures, and Lysa’s notes.
After reading the book, you can process your pain in healthier ways, view situations from truth-based perspectives, and remember the authentic, sound, and lovely things you can find in God.
19. 100 Days of Believing Bigger: Devotional Journal by Marshawn Evans Daniels
Christians tend to limit themselves through unbelief in the power of following and pursuing their dreams. Are you overwhelmed with fear? Do you think you are too flawed to succeed?
In this book, Daniels provides a 100-day devotional, prayer, and journaling adventure to help you re-discover your identity in Christ. It contains ten sections: trust, identity, purpose, courage, faith, and significance.
20. The Purpose-Driven Life: What on Earth Am I Here For? by Rick Warren
Each of you has a God-given purpose, which existed long before you were born. God’s intention is for you to discover and pursue the goal of your life.
Through the book, Rick Warren provides a clear roadmap for your spiritual journey to help you experience fundamental transformation. A 42-day devotional that enables you to discover your purpose.
21. Power for Your Day Devotional: 45 Days to Finding More Purpose and Peace in Your Life by Samuel Rodriguez
This book comes from the inspiration Samuel Rodriguez got from Elijah and Elisha, two of the most powerful biblical prophets.
The book explains why and how Christians should seek to persevere with hope in the dark times. A 45-day devotional that teaches you the importance of standing on God’s word and its truth.
22. Jesus Listens: Daily Devotional Prayers of Peace, Joy, and Hope by Sarah Young
With Jesus Listens by Sarah Young, you can maintain a continuous conversation with God and get much closer to Him.
It is the perfect prayer devotional for those undergoing difficult times who do not know how to pray or want to improve their prayer life. There is a prayer for each day of the year. It contains 365 prayer devotionals with a scripture reference.
4. Powerful Daily Prayers Devotionals.
23. Live in Grace, Walk in Love: A 365-Day Journey by Bob Goff
This book by Bob Goff is one of the prayer devotionals designed to take you throughout the year with a daily titbit. It presents the usual issues in unique ways, helping you view them in a new light.
Each devotional includes a complete in-text scripture reference and thought-provoking questions to help you write a daily journal.
24. Stand Strong: 365 Devotions for Men by Our Daily Bread Ministries
Life’s expectations can sometimes make pressure rise beyond what you can withstand as a human. Stand Strong encourages you to stand firm and live to achieve God’s plan for your life.
The book’s structure enables you to spend at most five minutes in God’s presence daily. You can reflect on scripture and learn how it applies to your life.
25. The Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers
To take you through the year, The Utmost for His Highness contains 365 thought-provoking meditations to take you through the year.
Apart from encouraging you, the book encourages you to think deeply about the role of God in your life. The 80-year-old book has sold over 13 million copies and can still inspire you in today’s challenging world.
Which of the daily devotionals above do you think to meet your needs the best? Regardless of who you are or your journey in life, having a book with daily prayer prompts can help strengthen your faith in God.
Besides, you can live a worry-free life, trusting fully in God and His ability to care for your needs. So, pick a prayer devotional and start living your life as God intended!