Prayer quotes have inspired and encouraged me to grow stronger in my faith in God. These prayer quotes have helped me in my spiritual growth and development.
These verses will help you to experience the power of prayer in your life as you have never before. Please share with your family and friend also
1. Prayer is simply a two-way conversation between you and God. Billy Graham.
2. God does nothing except in response to believing prayer. John Wesley.
3. It is a common temptation of Satan to make us give up the reading of the Word and prayer when our enjoyment is gone; as if it were of no use to read the Scriptures when we do not enjoy them, and as if it were no use to pray when we have no spirit of prayer. George Muller.
4. Spending time with God through prayer and His Word is a prerequisite for having a great life and fulfilling your purpose. Joyce Meyer
5. I believe that the greatest form of prayer is praise to God. Billy Graham.
6. Prayer is such a basic foundation of a Christian’s relationship with God. It’s how we communicate and fellowship with Him. But a surprising number of people, young and old, new and even long-time Christians, say they’re not satisfied with their prayer life. Joyce Meyer.
7. To ascertain the Lord’s will, we ought to use scriptural means. Prayer, the word of God, and His Spirit should be united together. We should go to the Lord repeatedly in prayer and ask Him to teach us by His Spirit through His word. George Muller.
8. Prayer is simply talking to God like a friend and should be the easiest thing we do each day. Joyce Meyer.
9. Begin each day with private reading of the Word and prayer. Jim Elliot.
10. If you believe in prayer at all, expect God to hear you. If you do not expect, you will not have. God will not hear you unless you believe He will hear you; but if you believe He will, He will be as good as your faith. Charles Spurgeon.
11. In prayer, we stand where angels bow with veiled faces. There, even there, the cherubim and seraphim adore before that selfsame throne to which our prayers ascend. And shall we come there with stunted requests and narrow, contracted faith? Charles Spurgeon.
12. As we regularly spend time reading God’s Word and talking to Him in prayer, we put ourselves in position for Him to do things in our lives we could never do on our own. Joyce Meyer
13. As you read or listen to God’s Word and spend time talking to Him in prayer, your spirit will eventually become stronger than your flesh. Joyce Meyer.
14. I must ask the Lord to direct the Holy Spirit within me to drain the life out of sin and in prayer. J. I. Packer.
Related Article: 10 Practical Ways To Develop A Stronger Prayer Life.
15. God’s first line of defense – and offense – for every situation is prayer. Joyce Meyer.
16. We must not sit still and look for miracles; up and doing, and the Lord will be with thee. Prayer and pains, through faith in Christ Jesus, will do anything. George Eliot.
17. Prayer is the God-given communication link between Heaven and Earth, time and eternity, the finite and the infinite. Tony Evans
19. Prayer is God’s backstage pass into a personal audience with Him. Tony Evans
20. It is a most delightful reflection that if I come to the throne of God in prayer, I may feel a thousand defects, but yet there is hope. I usually feel more dissatisfied with my prayers than with anything else I do. Charles Spurgeon.
21. When fathers come home after a tough day at work, they should come home to serve, like my father did, teaching lessons around the dinner table and leading the family in worship and prayer. Tony Evans.
22. I must confess that it is a lot easier for me as a pastor to preach about prayer than to spend that same amount of time engaged in it. Tony Evans.
23. If in prayer I come before a throne of grace, the faults of my prayer will be overlooked. Charles Spurgeon.
24. The joy which answers to prayer give, cannot be described; and the impetus which they afford to the spiritual life is exceedingly great. George Muller.
25. Sincere friendship towards God, in all who believe him to be properly an intelligent, willing being, does most apparently, directly, and strongly incline to prayer; and it no less disposes the heart strongly to desire to have our infinitely glorious. Jonathan Edwards.
Related Article: 51 Awesome Bible Verses About God’s Love.
26. When prayer removes distrust and doubt and enters the field of mental certainty, it becomes faith; and the universe is built on faith. Ernest Holmes
27. God is looking for people to use, and if you can get usable, he will wear you out. The most dangerous prayer you can pray is this: ‘Use me.’ Rick Warren
28. When we say that prayer puts God to work, it is simply to say that man has it in his power by prayer to move God to work in His own way among men, in which way He would not work if prayer was not made. Edward McKendree Bounds
29. Men of prayer, before anything else, are indispensable to the furtherance of the kingdom of God on earth. No other sort will fit in the scheme or do the deed. Men, great and influential in other things but small in prayer, cannot do the work Almighty God has set out for His Church to do in this, His world. Edward McKendree Bounds
30. We are feeble, weak and impoverished because of our failure to pray. God is restrained in doing because we are restrained by reason of our non-praying. All failures in securing heaven are traceable to lack of prayer or misdirected petition. Edward McKendree Bounds
31. Prayer means that the total you is praying. Your whole being reaches out to God, and God reaches down to you. E. Stanley Jones
32. In prayer it is better to have a heart without words than words with out a heart. John Bunyan
33. We may excuse the spiritual poverty of our preaching in many ways, but the true secret will be found in the lack of urgent prayer for God’s presence in the power of the Holy Spirit. Edward McKendree Bounds
34. Prayer must be broad in its scope – it must plead for others. Intercession for others is the hallmark of all true prayer. When prayer is confined to self and to the sphere of one’s personal needs, it dies by reason of its littleness, narrowness and selfishness. Edward McKendree Bounds
35. We may excuse the spiritual poverty of our preaching in many ways, but the true secret will be found in the lack of urgent prayer for God’s presence in the power of the Holy Spirit. Edward McKendree Bounds
Related Article: The 101 Top Amazing Bible Verses about Prayer.
36. God is looking for people to use, and if you can get usable, he will wear you out. The most dangerous prayer you can pray is this: ‘Use me.’ Rick Warren
37. Man’s access in prayer to God opens everything and makes his impoverishment his wealth. All things are his through prayer. Edward McKendree Bounds
38. Woe to the generation of sons who find their censers empty of the rich incense of prayer, whose fathers have been too busy or too unbelieving to pray, and perils inexpressible and consequences untold are their unhappy heritage. Edward McKendree Bounds
39. When we say that prayer puts God to work, it is simply to say that man has it in his power by prayer to move God to work in His own way among men, in which way He would not work if prayer was not made. Edward McKendree Bounds
40. Prayer concerns God, whose purposes and plans are conditioned on prayer. His will and His glory are bound up in praying. Edward McKendree Bounds
41. It is only when the whole heart is gripped with the passion of prayer that the life-giving fire descends, for none but the earnest man gets access to the ear of God. Edward McKendree Bounds
42. Although all serious Christians recognize the importance that the Bible places on prayer, most fall short when it comes to doing it. Tony Evans
43. Continuing a Lenten series on prayer: Prayer is co-operation with God. It is the purest exercise of the faculties God has given us – an exercise that links these faculties with the Maker to work out the intentions He had in mind in their creation. E. Stanley Jones
44. Every preacher who does not make prayer a mighty factor in his own life and ministry is weak as a factor in God’s work and is powerless to project God’s cause in this world. Edward McKendree Bounds
45. The Holy Ghost does not flow through methods, but through men. He does not come on machinery, but on men. He does not anoint plans, but men – men of prayer. Edward McKendree Bounds
Related Article: 10 Steps For A More Powerful Prayer Life.
46. Prayer is a specific divine appointment, an ordinance of Heaven, whereby God purposes to carry out His gracious designs on earth and to execute and make efficient the plan of salvation. Edward McKendree Bounds
47. If prayer puts God to work on earth, then, by the same token, prayerlessness rules God out of the world’s affairs and prevents Him from working. Edward McKendree Bounds
48. Prayer lays hold upon God and influences Him to work. This is the meaning of prayer as it concerns God. This is the doctrine of prayer, or else there is nothing whatever in prayer. Edward McKendree Bounds
49. Nothing is more important to God than prayer in dealing with mankind. But it is likewise all-important to man to pray. Edward McKendree Bounds
50. The life of the individual believer, his personal salvation, and personal Christian graces have their being, bloom and fruitage in prayer. Edward McKendree Bounds
51. In doing God’s work, there is no substitute for praying. The men of prayer cannot be displaced with other kinds of men. Edward McKendree Bounds
52. While the pulpit must hold to its unswerving loyalty to the Word of God, it must, at the same time, be loyal to the doctrine of prayer which that same Word illustrates and enforces upon
mankind. Edward McKendree Bounds
53. The men to whom Jesus Christ committed the fortunes and destiny of His Church were men of prayer. To no other kind of men has God ever committed Himself in this world. Edward McKendree Bounds
54. The sanctity of prayer is needed to impregnate business. We need the spirit of Sunday carried over to Monday and continued until Saturday. But this cannot be done by prayerless men, but by men of prayer. Edward McKendree Bounds
55. Let no one profess to trust in God, and yet lay up for future wants, otherwise the Lord will first send him to the hoard he has amassed, before He can answer the prayer for more. George Muller
Related Article: 51 Awesome Bible Verses About God’s Love.
56. Keep a journal and learn how to see how you as an individual’s sees information so you can learn your own sign language. Meditate and practice psychic self-defense and surrounding yourself with prayer. John Edward
57. Let no one profess to trust in God, and yet lay up for future wants, otherwise the Lord will first send him to the hoard he has amassed, before He can answer the prayer for more. George Muller
58. God is much in the difficult home problems as in the times of quiet and prayer. Evelyn Underhill
59. “Prayer is not asking. Prayer is putting oneself in the hands of God, at His disposition, and listening to His voice in the depth of our hearts.”
62. “We tend to use prayer as a last resort, but God wants it to be our first line of defense. We pray when there’s nothing else we can do, but God wants us to pray before we do anything at all.
63. Most of us would prefer, however, to spend our time doing something that will get immediate results. We don’t want to wait for God to resolve matters in His good time because His idea of ‘good time’ is seldom in sync with ours.”
64. “Is prayer your steering wheel or your spare tire?”
65. “Prayer is not asking. It is a longing of the soul. It is daily admission of one’s weakness. Is better in prayer to have a heart without words than words without a heart.”
66. “Sometimes I go to God and say, “God, if Thou dost never answer another prayer while I live on this earth, I will still worship Thee as long as I live and in the ages to come for what Thou hast done already. God’s already put me so far in debt that if I were to live one million millenniums I couldn’t pay Him for what He’s done for me.”
67. “We have to pray with our eyes on God, not on the difficulties.”
68. “Prayer is not asking. Prayer is putting oneself in the hands of God, at His disposition, and listening to His voice in the depth of our hearts.” – Mother Teresa
69. “I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had no where else to go. My own wisdom and that of all about me seemed insufficient for that day.” – Abraham Lincoln
70. “The prayer offered to God in the morning during your quiet time is the key that unlocks the door of the day. Any athlete knows that it is the start that ensures a good finish.” – Adrian Rogers
71. “God shapes the world by prayer. The more praying there is in the world the better the world will be, the mightier the forces against evil.” – Mother Teresa
72. “God speaks in the silence of the heart. Listening is the beginning of prayer.” – Mother Teresa
73. “To get nations back on their feet, we must first get down on our knees.” – Billy Graham
74. “It is not well for a man to pray cream and live skim milk.” – Henry Ward Beecher
75. “The Christian life is not a constant high. I have my moments of deep discouragement. I have to go to God in prayer with tears in my eyes, and say, ‘O God, forgive me,’ or ‘Help me.'” – Billy Graham
76. “True prayer is neither a mere mental exercise nor a vocal performance. It is far deeper than that – it is spiritual transaction with the Creator of Heaven and Earth.” – Charles Spurgeon
77. “If you believe in prayer at all, expect God to hear you. If you do not expect it, you will not have. God will not hear you unless you believe He will hear you; but if you believe He will, He will be as good as your faith.” – Charles Spurgeon
78. “Let no one profess to trust in God, and yet lay up for future wants, otherwise the Lord will first send him to the hoard he has amassed before He can answer the prayer for more.” – George Muller
79. “I know that the Lord is always on the side of the right; but it is my constant anxiety and prayer that I and this nation may be on the Lord’s side.” – Abraham Lincoln
80. “Prayer is simply talking to God like a friend and should be the easiest thing we do each day.” – Joyce Meyer
82. “Prayer does not change God, but it changes him who prays.” – Soren Kierkegaard
83. “God is looking for people to use, and if you can get usable, he will wear you out. The most dangerous prayer you can pray is this: ‘Use me.'” – Rick Warren
84. “Rather than set aside daily time for prayer, I pray constantly and spontaneously about everything I encounter on a daily basis. When someone shares something with me, I’ll often simply say, ‘let’s pray about this right now.'” – Thomas Kinkade
85″Any concern too small to be turned into a prayer is too small to be made into a burden.” – Corrie Ten Boom