*******DISCLOSURE: This post contains affiliate links through which I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases, at no cost to you.******
I am regularly asked for recommendations on different tools, training, resources, and services available for individuals who are seeking relationship help. As a result, I’ve put together a list of recommended relationship resources that I’ve either personally used (in most cases) or which have come highly recommended to me by people I trust. I will add to this list as I come across new relationship resources that I recommend.
Fix Your Marriage: I highly recommend Mort Fertel is a world authority on the psychology of relationships and has an international reputation for saving marriages. In addition to working with couples, he teaches individuals how to single-handedly transform their marital situation.
1. The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love That Lasts. I love this book. It goes into great detail about how we all have ways of feeling and experiencing love.
The five love languages dive into are, words of affirmation, receiving gifts.acts of service, physical touch and quality time. This book should be a must-read for everyone.
2. How to Be an Adult in Relationships: The Five Keys to Mindful Loving: I have found this to be an excellent book on relationships. As much as I thought I knew, I learned a lot from this book, far more than I expected. I am grateful for the information in this book. Really good stuff.Once the principles are applied your relationships will be transformed.
3. The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work: A Practical Guide from the Country’s Foremost Relationship Expert, by John M. Gottman and Nan Silver. I have been counseling individuals for years and is constantly on the lookout for new ideas and practical advice for married couples and I have found this book to be a masterpiece.
4. Couple Skills: Making Your Relationship Work is written by three established authors in the self-help field. The author’s approach is unique in that it focuses on action and change, requiring the active involvement of the reader. They have designed each chapter of the book to stand alone, allowing readers to pick and choose the sections of the book which are most personally applicable. It offers some excellent ideas on improving your communication in your marriage in a simple easy to understand way.
5. I highly recommend this book, Why Can’t You Read My Mind? Overcoming the 9 Toxic Thought Patterns that Get in the Way of a Loving Relationship it offers for those who want to improve their relationship with solid information. I will say that regardless of how skilled you are at communication, there is always room for improvement. If you have a good relationship you can make it greater. This is a must-read for everyone.
6. I can honestly say this book will change your life, marriage, and future. The Couple’s Survival Workbook: What You Can Do To Reconnect With Your Partner and Make Your Marriage Work: It is not your typical learn to communicate better crap. This is in your face, fix yourself theory. I love it, and it works. If you are having marriage issues, be honest and face the real problem in your marriage, and if you want to save or restore your marriage, then you need to read this book.
7. If communication has begun to wane in your relationship(s), this is a fantastic way to get back on track. I recommend The Power of Two Workbook: Communication Skills for a Strong & Loving Marriage highly for anyone in a relationship be it personal, business, friends. It has some great pointers and typically will start with a brief description of the problem, it shows ways of communicating and how to remedy them. Then it has you complete short exercises to practice the skill they had just introduced. I think everyone could benefit from learning different ways to Communicate.
There are many hosting services available for bloggers. If you’re just starting out or have a smaller blog I highly recommend you check out WPX Hosting. WPX Hosting – is the fastest web hosting company with THE BEST CUSTOMER SUPPORT With 1-click WordPress installation, 24/7 support, and a super affordable rate, WPX Hosting is a great option for building your first website or blog. Note: On my blogs, I currently use WPX Hosting for hosting. why I recommend starting WPX Hosting as a new blogger and if you don’t know the different technical stuff no problem they help you.
There are tens of thousands of blog themes available for WordPress blogs. My only word of advice is to choose one that is updated regularly for holes in security as you do not want to get your blog hacked with a poorly designed template. The premium theme supplier that I have used over the years and highly recommend is StudioPress. I’ve used their themes in the early days of numerous blogs and love their design but also support.
NOTE: Many of the links on this page are affiliate links and will earn Relationshiptips4u a small commission if you signup to the services. This adds no cost to you but helps keep Relationshiptips4u sustainable. It’s also worth noting that almost all resources mentioned on this page are resources that I’m a signed up, paid up and regular user of.