God wants you well. It is not His will that you suffer because of sickness or disease. His word is filled with healing Scriptures that you can pray over your life or that of your loved ones.
When Jesus died on the cross, it was to purchase healing for us as well.
Glorious Father, Thank you that you sent your word to heal our diseases. Lord, release your healing power and heal [Insert name of sick person].
I command the [name the disease or illness] to leave their body now in Jesus’ name. Restore health to him/her. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Below are 51 Awesome Healing Scriptures to Pray for The Sick.
1. 1 Peter 2:24 “He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds, you have been healed.”
2. Acts 28:8 His father was sick in bed, suffering from fever and dysentery. Paul went in to see him and, after prayer, placed his hands on him and healed him.
3. James 5:14-16 Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up.
If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.
Also Related: 8 Proven Ways To Pray For Emotional Healing.
4. Jeremiah 30:17 But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds,’ declares the Lord, ‘because you are called an outcast, Zion for whom no one cares.’
5. Psalm 103:2-3 Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits—who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases.
6. Matthew 14:14 When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them and healed their sick.
7. Deuteronomy 7:15 The Lord will keep you free from every disease. He will not inflict on you the horrible diseases you knew in Egypt, but he will inflict them on all who hate you.
8. Jeremiah 17:14 Heal me, Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise.
9. Luke 10:8-9 “When you enter a town and are welcomed, eat what is offered to you. Heal the sick who are there and tell them, ‘The kingdom of God has come near to you.’
10. Psalm 107:20 He sent out his word and healed them; he rescued them from the grave.
Prayers and Promises for Healing, $12.85, Amazon
11. Acts 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil because God was with him.
12. Isaiah 57:18-19 I have seen their ways, but I will heal them; I will guide them and restore comfort to Israel’s mourners, creating praise on their lips. Peace, peace, to those far and near,” says the Lord. “And I will heal them.”
13. Proverbs 3:7-8 Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.
14. Acts 9:34-35 “Aeneas,” Peter said to him, “Jesus Christ heals you. Get up and roll up your mat.” Immediately Aeneas got up. All those who lived in Lynda and Sharon saw him and turned to the Lord.
Also Related: 10 Practical Ways To Develop A Stronger Prayer Life.
15. Luke 5:17 One day Jesus was teaching, and Pharisees and teachers of the law were sitting there. They had come from every village of Galilee and from Judea and Jerusalem. And the power of the Lord was with Jesus to heal the sick.
16. Jeremiah 33:6 ‘Nevertheless, I will bring health and healing to it; I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security.’
17. Psalm 6:2 Have mercy on me, Lord, for I am faint; heal me, Lord, for my bones are in agony.
18. Matthew 14:35-36 And when the men of that place recognized Jesus, they sent word to all the surrounding country. People brought all their sick to him and begged him to let the sick just touch the edge of his cloak, and all who touched it were healed.
19. Acts 3:4-8 Peter looked straight at him, as did John. Then Peter said, “Look at us!” So the man gave them his attention, expecting to get something from them. Then Peter said, “Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you.
In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk.” Taking him by the right hand, he helped him up, and instantly the man’s feet and ankles became strong.
He jumped to his feet and began to walk. Then he went with them into the temple courts, walking and jumping, and praising God.
20. Exodus 23:25-26 Worship the Lord your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you, and none will miscarry or be barren in your land. I will give you a full life span.
21. Acts 8:7 For, with shrieks, impure spirits came out of many, and many who were paralyzed or lame were healed.
22. Proverbs 15:30 Light in a messenger’s eyes brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones.
23. Matthew 10:1 Jesus called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out impure spirits and to heal every disease and sickness.
24. Deuteronomy 32:39 “See now that I myself am he! There is no god besides me. I put to death and I bring to life, I have wounded and I will heal, and no one can deliver out of my hand.
25. Matthew 10:7-8 As you go, proclaim this message: ‘The kingdom of heaven has come near.’ Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.
26. Matthew 8:16 When evening came, many who were demon-possessed were brought to him, and he drove out the spirits with a word and healed all the sick.
27. Job 5:18 For he wounds, but he also binds up; he injures, but his hands also heal.
28. Proverbs 4:20-22 My son, pay attention to what I say; turn your ear to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find them and health to one’s whole body.
29. Matthew 4:23 Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom, and healing every disease and sickness among the people.
Also Related: 12 Ways To Pray Effectively For Healing.
30. Isaiah 30:26 The moon will shine like the sun, and the sunlight will be seven times brighter, like the light of seven full days, when the Lord binds up the bruises of his people and heals the wounds he inflicted.
31. Isaiah 58:8 Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the Lord will be your rear guard.
32. Mark 2:10-12 But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.” So he said to the man, “I tell you, get up, take your mat and go home.”
He got up, took his mat, and walked out in full view of them all. This amazed everyone and they praised God, saying, “We have never seen anything like this!”
33. Hebrews 12:13 “Make level paths for your feet,” so that the lame may not be disabled, but rather healed.
34. Isaiah 38:16 Lord, by such things people live; and my spirit finds life in them too. You restored me to health and let me live.
35. Isaiah 53:5 But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds, we are healed.
36. Luke 8:46-48 But Jesus said, “Someone touched me; I know that power has gone out from me.” Then the woman, seeing that she could not go unnoticed, came trembling and fell at his feet.
In the presence of all the people, she told why she had touched him and how she had been instantly healed. Then he said to her, “Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace.”
37. Luke 6:19 And the people all tried to touch him because power was coming from him and healing them all.
38. Psalm 147:3 He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.
39. Proverbs 16:24 Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.
40. 3 John 2 Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.
41. Mark 6:13 They drove out many demons and anointed many sick people with oil and healed them.
42. Psalm 30:2 Lord my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me.
43. 2 Kings 20:5 “Go back and tell Hezekiah, the ruler of my people, ‘This is what the Lord, the God of your father David, says: I have heard your prayer and seen your tears; I will heal you. On the third day from now, you will go up to the temple of the Lord.
Power to Heal: Experiencing the Miraculous,$ 15.99 Amazon.
44. Matthew 9:35 Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness.
45. Luke 8:49-50 While Jesus was still speaking, someone came from the house of Jairus, the synagogue leader. “Your daughter is dead,” he said. “Don’t bother the teacher anymore.” Hearing this, Jesus said to Jairus, “Don’t be afraid; just believe, and she will be healed.”
Also Related: 25 Powerful Short Prayers To Pray During Hard Times.
46. Luke 11:34 Your eye is the lamp of your body. When your eyes are healthy, your whole body also is full of light. But when they are unhealthy, your body also is full of darkness.
47. 1 Samuel 25:6 Say to him: ‘Long life to you! Good health to you and your household! And good health to all that is yours!
48. Exodus 15:26 He said, “If you listen carefully to the Lord your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord, who heals you.”
49. Hosea 14:4 “I will heal their waywardness and love them freely, for my anger has turned away from them.
50. Mark 6:56 And wherever he went—into villages, towns or countryside—they placed the sick in the marketplaces. They begged him to let them touch even the edge of his cloak, and all who touched it were healed.
51. Luke 5:12-13 While Jesus was in one of the towns, a man came along who was covered with leprosy. When he saw Jesus, he fell with his face to the ground and begged him, “Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean.”
Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. “I am willing,” he said. “Be clean!” And immediately the leprosy left him.
Meditate on the above healing Scriptures and allow the Holy Spirit to lead you as you pray for the sick.
God’s word is a double-edged sword that cuts through every disease in your body and brings healing. Jesus became a curse for us that we might not live under one.
Diseases are a curse of the law, but by the wounds of Jesus, we are healed. Because of this, we are to claim our healing and pray till it manifests in the body.
Declare these healing Scriptures as you anoint with oil and lay hands on those who are sick.